Responsibility for the physical performance of construction on residential and commercial construction projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Lead Service Technician with projects and tasks.
- Prep materials and company vehicles for upcoming projects and daily needs.
- Preform self-directed work as delegated or needed.
- Acts as team leader for onsite crew in the absence of the Lead.
- Work alongside team to complete jobs.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and always maintain a safe and clean environment on the jobsite
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of warehouse and company vehicles.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment
- Represents DeLeers Construction in a professional manner
- Participate in company training programs
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by the Service Division Manager, or other members of management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic carpentry experience
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and repair of houses, buildings, or other structures
- Ability to work safely with all types of hand and power tools.
- General knowledge of work performed by other construction trades.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic written instructions, read a ruler, and have a good basic math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints, job specifications, and shop drawings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines
- Analyze problems and propose reasonable solutions,
- Direct and cooperate with a variety of other people.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Operate a forklift (once certified), and various types of other power lifts if required.
- Both indoors and outdoors and subject to variable weather conditions
- Primarily physical and often strenuous.
- Frequent work with moving mechanical parts, sharp or rough materials, sharp tools, power equipment, and working in situations where there is risk of slips and falls.
- Hours of work will generally average 40 to 44 hours a week.
- Some variation in work hours due to project work levels, deadlines, and other customer needs.
- Walk, prolonged standing, climbing, bending and kneeling
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Able to climb to heights of up to 35 ft.
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.