The Director of Development & Communications provides essential leadership for planning and coordinating the engagement, cultivation, solicitation and retention of donors, including individuals, foundations, corporations et al through annual appeals, special events, major gifts, and planned and capital giving in partnership with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, volunteers and staff. Major gift strategy and solicitation will be a major focus of this position. This position is a member of the leadership team and also supervises a staff of four. We are looking for someone who loves to network, can work independently and is creative.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years successful fundraising experience, preferably in a leadership show or a combination of thereof.
- Experience successfully motivating, mentoring and managing a team or department.
- Experience with Raiser’s edge donor database preferred
- Demonstrated success with grant writing, donor cultivation, public and media relations strategies, and special events.
- Experience with major gifts and planned giving.
- Capital Campaign experience a plus.