The Exercise Coach-Brookfield is seeking a Studio Manager. Duties include conducting initial client consultations, leading individual and small-group exercise sessions, tracking fitness results for clients, selling monthly and package sessions, scheduling and educating clients, and tracking studio metrics such as lead flow, conversion, retention and client satisfaction. As the Studio Manager you are also responsible for managing the day to day operations, including staff hiring, development and management.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience running a small studio operation, preferably in the fitness industry. All employees will receive full training in The Exercise Coach methods and technologies and must be able and willing to participate both in our exercise and nutrition methodology. Ideal candidate has leadership capabilities, is people-oriented and is energetic and passionate about good health.
Physical Effort: Standing and walking, bending and reaching are required most of the day. Pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting is required frequently.
Work Conditions: Employee works in an air-conditioned studio with appropriate safety measures in place to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for employees and clients.
- Successful completion of:
- The Exercise Coach Certification course
- Nutrition Playbook Certification course
- Valid CPR/AED certificate from nationally-recognized provider.
- Must be eligible to work in USA.
- Exercise Delivery
- You are ultimately responsible for the Implementation and delivery of ALL exercise instruction (regardless of coach), which must be conducted within brand standards.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- You are ultimately responsible for the administration of client accounts, including the completion of all necessary forms, credit card charges, data entry, and clerical duties.
- Respond promptly to all email correspondence, phone calls, and text messages from clients, prospects, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Oversee accurate and prompt reporting of payroll information.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly, bi-weekly, and/or monthly meetings with management.
- Client Acquisition
- Perform and log all tasks necessary to execute our client acquisition strategy.
- Conduct initial consultations and promotional sessions with prospective clients.
- Assign these appointment types only to those with demonstrated proficiency in sales.
- Client Retention & Reacquisition
- Promptly contact clients who are falling behind in their attendance in accordance with our client retention strategy. Log such activities in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Actively contact former client in accordance with our reacquisition strategy.
- Studio Maintenance
- Contribute to and oversee the maintenance of a clean and well-organized studio.
- Notify management of any required repairs.
- Proactively maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, supplements and other consumables.
- Studio Culture
- Demonstrate a polite, professional, and helpful attitude towards clients and co-workers.
- Maintain a cooperative and “team” mentality at all times.
- Actively monitor staff to ensure their productivity while on the clock.
- Proactively eradicate complacency, laziness, lack of focus, and complacency within your team.
- Demonstrate the value of our brand by actively participating in our fitness program.
- Personal Development
- Act as an effective brand ambassador inside and outside the studio.
- Maintain a functional knowledge of fitness-related topics, especially those discussed in corporate communications from the brand.
- Model professionalism through appropriate attire, language, attitude, personal hygiene, promptness, honesty, and integrity.
- Work Schedule
- You must work the schedule per the directives of the ownership and/or administration.
- You must comply with Company policies in regard to requests for schedule changes, required notifications in the event you are running late, overtime approvals (if applicable) and all other rules regarding your shift.
- Staff Development & Management
- Mentor, develop, and oversee employees at the location(s) you manage.
- Perform disciplinary write-ups as needed.
- Terminate employment as needed.
- Interview, hire, and train new employees.
- Ensure that employees work shifts approved by management.
- Maintain a functional knowledge of all other policies and procedures found within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure compliance with those policies.