The Exercise Coach-Brookfield is seeking an Exercise Coach/Personal Trainer to deliver One-on-One and Small Group exercise instruction to clients of all age groups. Duties include conducting initial consultations, leading individual and small-group exercise sessions, tracking fitness results for clients, selling monthly and package sessions, scheduling and educating clients, and tracking studio metrics such as lead flow, conversion, retention and client satisfaction. Coaches will assist in hiring and training other coaches alongside the owner(s).
No fitness experience is necessary, but candidates with experience in personal training or small-group fitness instruction will receive priority consideration. All employees will receive full training in The Exercise Coach methods and technologies and must be able and willing to participate both in our exercise and nutrition methodology. Ideal candidate is people-oriented and is energetic and passionate about good health.
- Successful completion of:
- The Exercise Coach Certification course
- Nutrition Playbook Certification course
- Valid CPR/AED certificate from nationally-recognized provider.
- Must be eligible to work in USA.
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
Standing and walking, bending and reaching are required most of the day. Pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting is required frequently. Willing and able to assist clients on and off equipment.
Are there any special conditions, hazards, or risks for the job? Will any safety or security precautions be required?
Employee works in an air-conditioned studio.
- Evaluates individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develops suitable training programs to meet any special needs.
- Observes and informs individuals of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitors individuals' progress and adapts training programs as needed.
- Teaches proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Instructs individuals in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Teaches and demonstrates use of training and exercise equipment.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Provides individuals with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Exercise Instruction
- You must deliver exercise instruction within brand standards and per the directives of your Studio Manager.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Administration of client accounts, including the completion of all necessary forms, credit card charges, data entry, and clerical duties as directed by Studio manager.
- Respond promptly to all email correspondence, phone calls, and text messages from clients, prospects, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Client Acquisition
- Perform and log all tasks necessary to execute our client acquisition strategy as directed by Studio Manager.
- Conduct initial consultations and promotional sessions with prospective clients when assigned.
- Client Retention & Reacquisition
- Promptly contact clients who are falling behind in their attendance in accordance with our client retention strategy. Log such activities in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Actively contact former client in accordance with our reacquisition strategy.
- Studio Maintenance
- Contribute to and oversee the maintenance of a clean and well-organized studio.
- Notify Studio Manager of any required repairs.
- Studio Culture
- Demonstrate a polite, professional, and helpful attitude towards clients and co-workers.
- Maintain a cooperative and “team” mentality at all times.
- Always remain productive while on the clock.
- Demonstrate the value of our brand by actively participating in our fitness program.
- Personal Development
- Act as an effective brand ambassador inside and outside the studio.
- Maintain a functional knowledge of fitness-related topics, especially those discussed in corporate communications from the brand.
- Model professionalism through appropriate attire, language, attitude, personal hygiene, promptness, honesty, and integrity.
- Work Schedule
- You must work the schedule per the directives of your Studio Manager.
- You must comply with Company policies in regard to requests for schedule changes, required notifications in the event you are running late, overtime approvals and all other rules regarding your shift.
- Maintain a functional knowledge of all other policies and procedures found within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure personal compliance with those policies.